With the rate of obesity rising worldwide, the average adult’s diet is only getting worse. The availability of fast food, sweets and other junk food make having a poor diet incredibly easy. Junk food is a much tastier and usually cheaper option than most “healthy” foods so I can’t really blame people, especially those on a budget, for choosing the big mac over the grilled chicken salad.
Besides junk food, the recent covid pandemic has also had an incredibly negative impact on people’s health and well-being. Covid has caused some to lose their jobs, isolate in their homes and become depressed due to the lack of normalcy and freedom.
In this time of poor mental and physical health, many people aren’t getting the proper nutrition and vitamins they need to stay healthy. This is why taking a daily multivitamin can prove to be very beneficial in today’s society.
- Supports overall men’s health
- Over 30 clinically studied ingredients
- 20 vitamins and minerals
- Supports a healthy heart, immune system and brain
- Contains antioxidants
- Utilizes time-release technology
- 90-day supply can be bought on Amazon for $29.45
Suggested Article: The Health Benefits of Ashwagandha Root
Why You Should Take Multivitamins Daily
According to healthline.com, the seven most common nutrients that people are deficient in are:
- Iron – Iron deficiency is one of the most common deficiencies in the world and it affects almost a quarter of the global population. Lack of iron can cause some serious health issues, the biggest being anemia. The two main sources of iron are red meats and beans, which puts vegetarians and vegans at the highest risk for iron deficiency.
- Iodine – Iodine is a very important mineral that promotes a healthy functioning thyroid. The thyroid controls your bodies internal temperature, assists brain development, supports strong bones and maintains healthy cells throughout the body. The main sources of iodine are fish and dairy products.
- Vitamin D – Vitamin D is very important to the overall health of your cells and body. In fact, one of the most recommended remedies for patients suffering with covid has been to get more vitamin D! A lot of people, especially older adults, suffer from vitamin D deficiency because they don’t get outside enough. Exposure to the sun is very important to overall health and happens to be the main source of vitamin D for humans.
- Vitamin B12 – Vitamin B12 is very important for the health of blood and nerve cells. Being deficient in B12 can cause your red blood cells to enlarge and not be able to perform their job properly. The best sources of vitamin B12 are animal meats and dairy products.
- Calcium– One of the most famous nutrients, calcium is very important for bone and cell health. One of the most common side effects of calcium deficiency is having soft or fragile bones. If you are physically active or perform manual labor, calcium is essential for staying healthy. The best sources of calcium are dairy products and dark green vegetables. So yes, if you want healthy bones, you might have to eat broccoli from time to time.
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A is very important for supporting healthy eyes. Vitamin A assists the body in creating eye pigments that protect against night blindness and deterioration from old age. Although most of the world consumes more than enough vitamin A in their diet, vitamin A deficiency is most prevalent in under developed countries. The main food sources of vitamin A include dairy products, vegetables and fish.
- Magnesium – Magnesium is used by the body to regulate functions related to the heart like blood pressure, blood sugar, and muscle function. It also assists the body in forming proteins, bones and DNA. The best sources of magnesium include whole grains, dairy products and nuts.
What The GNC Mega Men Multivitamin Offers
In general, all vitamins and minerals needed for an individual to stay healthy can be absorbed through a healthy diet and the sun. Back in ancient times, cavemen were not able to pop multivitamins whenever they wanted to, they ate and absorbed all the nutrients they needed to stay healthy.
Multivitamins are popular today because, sadly, most people do not consume all the nutrients they require on a daily basis due to a poor diet, a medical condition or their environment.
If you are one of these people, then taking a daily multivitamin could be very beneficial to your health.
The multivitamin that I take, GNC Mega Men, offers all the nutrients listed above (besides iron) and also provides special blends that support muscle growth, immune system health, and brain health.
On the topic of muscle growth, this multivitamin provides two non-essential amino acids, L-Arginine and L-Glutamine, which are very important to the body’s ability to create proteins needed to build muscle.
Other Notable Supplements To Take Daily
Since I am writing this article about daily health, I wanted to take the time to recommend some other supplements that you might not be taking that could benefit you in a multitude of ways.
Fish Oil– Taking fish oil, or more specifically omega 3 fatty acids, can vastly improve your health, especially if you are not an avid seafood or nut consumer. According to Harvard T.H. Chan, Omega 3 fatty acids have been proven to support a healthy heart, prevent heart disease and stroke, control inflammation and even protect against certain cancers. If you have a heart condition or want to keep your heart healthy in general, I highly recommend taking a fish oil supplement.
Probiotics – The gut has recently been discovered to be one of the biggest contributors to overall health and well-being in people today. If you think about it, all the food that we consume goes through our gut where nutrients and vitamins are absorbed and distributed throughout the body. A healthy gut is crucial to ensure that we squeeze all the vitamins and minerals we need out of the food that we consume.
To maintain a healthy gut, I recommend taking a probiotic supplement or eating Greek yogurt or foods rich in fiber.
Overall, taking a daily multivitamin can be extremely beneficial to your health if you have a poor diet, have a medical condition, live in an environment where some nutrients aren’t easily accessible, or just want to make sure you stay as healthy as possible.
GNC is a great brand that offers high quality products for reasonable prices. Although my main objective of this article is to make you aware of the importance of vitamins and nutrients to your overall well-being, I also want you to decide for yourself if the GNC mega men multivitamin is for you.
There are plenty of brands out there that provide multivitamins with just as much value as GNC’s but with their clinically researched and studied ingredients, GNC is tough to beat.
So what are you waiting for, go out today and get your first bottle of the GNC Mega Men multivitamin (or the brand that you prefer) and start your journey towards a better you today!
If you enjoyed this article or want to voice your opinion on multivitamins, please feel free to leave a comment below!